Last modified on:
Hello! I am Parth Shimpi, a PhD student in mathematics and a member of Core Structures @ Glasgow which encompasses researchers at the University of Glasgow working on Algebra, Analysis, Number theory, and Geometry & Topology. You can read more about me here.
I work with Michael Wemyss and the Enhancing RNG Group, studying algebraic geometry and its interactions with representation theory and homological algebra.
- Derived equivalences in algebra and geometry [PDF]
Essay submitted as a part of Part III at Cambridge.
- Finitely generated cones and associated moduli spaces
with D Ranganathan and D Townsend. Research done as a part of the CSRIM program.
- This pure mathematician forgot how to add. You won't believe what happened next! Glasgow PG Seminar, Glasgow.
[mar 10, 2023]
- Moduli spaces, G-clusters, and the Classical McKay Correspondence (ahead of Ryo Yamagishi: McKay Correspondence and the Moduli of G-Constellations). Glasgow Algebra Pre-Seminar, Glasgow.
[feb 1, 2023]
- What is a deformation? GLaMS Examples Showcase, Glasgow.
[dec 9, 2022]
- Categories and Stacks in Algebraic Geometry and Algebraic Topology (CATS 7), CIRM (Marseille).
[oct 16--20, 2023][TBC]
- Nordfjordeid Summer School on Higher Structures in Algebra and Geometry, Nordfjordeid.
[aug 13--18, 2023][TBC]
- Computational Algebraic Geometry Workshop, Warwick.
[mar 27--31, 2023]
- (Winter School) Geometry, Algebra and Combinatorics of Moduli Spaces and Configurations V, Dobbiaco (Toblach).
[feb 20--24, 2023]
- Quivers, Clusters, Moduli and Stability, Oxford.
[jan 9--13, 2023]
- Workshop on Singularities and Mirror Symmetry, Glasgow.
[dec 5--7, 2022]
I did Part III in 2022, doing courses on algebra and geometry. The lecture notes for these can be found here. Alejandro Epelde Blanco took many of the same courses and maintains his notes here. David Bai's typed notes can be found here.
parth.shimpi ‹at› glasgow.ac.uk